At LACASA Center, the spirit of diversity and inclusion is encouraged and infused into everything we engage in—from the community education programs we develop and the crisis shelter we operate, to the employee benefits/programs we offer and the social outreach initiatives we spearhead. It is our belief that opportunity, access, resources, and rewards should be available to, and for, the benefit of all.
Our nonprofit organization celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2021. We have a long history of providing life-saving and life-changing programs for victims of child abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault. Our independent, locally-based agency is the only organization of its kind in Michigan—and one of just a few in the nation—that provides comprehensive wrap-around services for all victims of abuse under one roof. This streamlines access to services for victims and their families, and helps reduce the trauma of seeking multiple services at separate agencies.
Since our organization was established in 1981, we have evolved to offer more than 30 programs and services that help empower victims of abuse as they rebuild their lives. If you are passionate about our mission, we invite you to explore a career with LACASA Center.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: As a bookkeeper at LACASA, you will be responsible for recording all accounting transactions (debits, credits), reconciling accounts, preparing the general ledger and producing financial statements on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. You will participates in the payroll process, preparing financial statements and reports as necessary, and the annual budget process. This is a fulltime, exempt status position that reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent is required; college level coursework in Accounting and/or Finance preferred. The desired candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years previous accounting experience required; preferably in a nonprofit environment. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial data analysis is required. Previous experience with grants is preferred. This position requires previous experience operating accounting and payroll software.
▪ Records data to produce accurate and timely financial records
▪ Enters journal entries to debit and credit the company’s accounts
▪ Generates accounting and audit reports for cash receipts, accounts payable and receivable, expenditures, and profits and losses
▪ Maintains organized, legible files and records of work
▪ Reconciles credit card accounts and bank accounts to ensure payments and deposits have been accurately reported
▪ Reconciles and reports differences or issues found in financial records
▪ Interacts with department heads to discuss budget needs and budget constraints; assists with budgeting process
▪ Maintains petty cash account; reimburses employees for expenditures
▪ Processes expense reports for reimbursement; records receipts for all transactions
▪ Assists with processing bi-monthly payroll as requested
▪ Participates in and prepares for various audits as requested
▪ Behaves in a manner consistent with LACASA’s Mission, Values and Philosophies, Standards of Conduct and LACASA Staff Handbook
▪ Attends and participates in all meetings as required
▪ Performs all other duties as assigned
▪ Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
▪ Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
LACASA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, or citizenship status; religion; age, marital status or pregnancy status; physical or mental disability; gender identity/expression or sexual orientation; or Veteran status.
If you meet the qualifications and requirements for this position, we invite you to email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter via mail, email or fax to:
2895 W. Grand River Ave.
Howell, MI 48843
Phone: (517) 548-1350
Fax: (517) 548-3034