GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Chief Operation Officer (COO) will work to implement strategy and vision, build the LACASA culture, and serve as a key member of the executive leadership team. The COO will work systematically to meet LACASA’s goals by addressing key staffing, process and infrastructure issues.
The COO will take LACASA’s priorities and direction and translate them into day-to-day standard operating procedures. They will monitor and assess ongoing strategies, conduct midcourse corrections and generally keep the executive leadership team informed of LACASA’s operations, including how its finances, technology, staffing relate to important goals. The COO will offer oversight to hiring, and will partner with the President & CEO and the CFO to prepare budgets and forecasts and will play a formative role in building the culture of LACASA around community service, accountability and results. The COO provides oversight for the training, mentoring and capacity building at LACASA. They will be an internal advocate for efficiency, productivity and professional development.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum requirement for this position is a Master of Social Work degree or a related field. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or its equivalent. Ten years successful senior leadership experience at a social impact organization. Background of success in process improvement, change leadership and change management. Commitment to results; “can-do” mindset with emphasis on accountability. Experience at Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Sense of humor, integrity, impeccable work ethic. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The COO will:
- Serve as second-in-command to the President & CEO and as a member of the Senior Executive Team;
- Participate in the strategic planning process at LACASA;
- Implement, with the support of the Board, President & CEO and CFO, the strategic plans, based on all available data;
- Oversee all operations daily and reports directly to the President & CEO, ensuring that all business operations are smooth and efficient.
- Establishes productive working relationships between and among the Senior Executive Team, President & CEO and the staff to ensure that LACASA operates effectively and productively.
- Provide oversight for LACASA’s budget, development and external relations activities;
- Build and cultivate a high-performing leadership team and play an active role in attracting, retaining and developing a best-in-class staff;
- Identify and implement cost-effective ways to deliver state-of-the-art programs to clients;
- Work collaboratively with the President & CEO, to ensure that Board of Directors’ goals filter into day-to-day management;
- Inform the President & CEO regularly of internal organization matters, including relevant staffing, funding and program success and priorities; and
- Serve as a public representative of LACASA, in the absence of the President & CEO, keeping LACASA current and an active participant in regional and community events.
LACASA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. LACASA is an equal opportunity employer.
Schedule: Regular Full Time/Non-Exempt Employee (8hrs/day, 40hrs/week)
Supervisor: President & CEO
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter via mail, email or fax to:
2895 W. Grand River Ave.
Howell, MI 48843
Phone: (517) 548-1350
Fax: (517) 548-3034