LACASA’s Child Abuse Prevention Council Presents…
Navigating the Cyber World
Supporting Safe Choices for Youth Growing Up in the Digital Age
Thursday, May 24, 2018
8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- What is sexting, sextortion, and cyber-bullying?
- What kinds of posting activities cross the line and become a crime?
- How should we communicate the potential consequences to children and youth?
Guest Speaker: Patrick Corbett, Assistant U.S. Attorney, Eastern District of Michigan
- How does online presence impact an individual’s life?
- How can we help youth decide what should be posted and what should be deleted?
Guest Speakers: Robin Batten & Carol Matthews, Washtenaw Council for Children
- What teens want adults to know: a frank panel discussion about the realities of youth cyber culture in our own community.
Guest Speakers: LACASA’s Teen Advisory Council
Location: Livingston Educational Services Agency, 1425 W. Grand River Ave., Howell
Education Credits: SCECHs & Social Work CEs Approved
Cost: $20 for individuals; $15 per person for groups of four or more
Registration: Pre-registration is required. The registration deadline is Thursday, May 10, 2018.
This event is hosted by LACASA’s Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Council