LACASA is pleased to offer a $10,000 signing bonus for Master’s Level Counselors and Therapists.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: As an Adult Domestic Violence Counselor, you will provide support, advocacy, and intervention for clients who have been impacted by domestic violence. This position requires strong skills in advocacy, crisis intervention, case management, communication, organization, and counseling for victims and survivors who have been impacted by domestic violence, sexual abuse, and child abuse.
QUALIFICATIONS: We require a Master’s degree in social work or related field and one year of direct experience with adults impacted by interpersonal violence is strongly preferred. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Provides psychosocial assessments and individual counseling for clients of domestic violence
- Provides group counseling for adults
- Provides individual and/or group counseling for families and significant others
- Provides case management and appropriate direct services, including social casework, to clients within the residential, and non-residential programs as needed
- Completes assessments and plans interventions for clients
- Coordinates with outside agencies as needed
- Provides client advocacy to and with outside agencies as needed
- Provides respite for clients, as needed
- Provides recreational and non-traditional therapeutic activities for clients, as required
- Provides transportation and accompaniment to court or other community meetings for survivors as needed
- Records and maintains clinical documentation in case records, in keeping with the standards established by the agency and related funders
- Makes appropriate referrals and advocates for individuals and families to other agencies when appropriate
- Attends and participates in all meetings as required
- Assists in the development of client services
- Networks with the community around client identified needs and issues, related to but not limited to housing and support services, for victims of domestic violence and child abuse, as assigned
- Provides crisis counseling, intervention, and referrals through crisis phone counseling
- Works collaboratively with counselors and advocates regarding client activities and relationships.
If you meet or exceed these qualifications, we invite you to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
LACASA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & Workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, pregnancy status, ethnicity, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation and/or Veteran status. LACASA is a 501(c)3 organization.