We are seeking a fulltime Fund Development Coordinator to join our Development Team.
General Position Description
Track philanthropic requests, documented commitments and contributions. Manage and update donor databases, respond to queries and develop benefactor relationships to solicit sponsorship. Conduct research, analyze data and budgets, and compile reports on current or prospective donors. Other duties include managing donor lists and preparing mailing materials like invitations, solicitations and newsletters. Coordinate and implement all facets of LACASA signature fundraising events, with input and guidance from event committees, board members and Chief Development Officer. Oversee and coordinate agency involvement in third party events and donation drives. Provide clerical support and assistance to administrative staff as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree and meaningful experiences in non-profit development or communications preferred. Demonstrated working knowledge of customer service.. Strong computer proficiency, especially in database and project management programs like Network for Good, DonorPerfect or Microsoft Excel.
Candidate should be detail-oriented. Ability to organize and prioritize work. Work well independently and in a group. Strong interpersonal skills, excellent writing and oral communication skills are essential. Must be customer-focused and professional, as a primary responsibility of this position requires regular interaction with LACASA volunteers, staff, donors and board members. Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate mission/programs to potential donors, sponsors, and community supporters.
- Collaborate with department staff to implement revised gift processing plan for cash/pledged donations (i.e., prepare timely acknowledgements, correspondence, and required receipting.
- Work with front desk volunteers and LACASA Collection staff/volunteers to track in kind donations.
- Maintain foundation, corporation, sponsor, and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continuously update and correct database records.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, sponsor and individual donors.
- Assist in sponsorship renewal, tracking tax deductible donations in the database, and maintaining a record for each donor.
- Address inquiries with regard to tax deductibility of cash gifts, and send appropriate documentation to meet tax requirements of individual/corporate donors.
- Prepare and assemble donor/media materials for meetings and distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing).
Special Events Responsibilities
- Create, coordinate, implement and take responsibility for all facets of annual fundraising events Duties: request and manage applicable licenses from the State of Michigan; assist in negotiations to book/contract event space; organize/order food and beverage; arrange supplies, entertainment and audiovisual support; coordinate and order event signage and appropriate décor.
- Collaborate with Development team on additional campaign-related events.
- Collaborate with CDO on sponsor prospecting, implementing a comprehensive solicitation plan (that complements campaign strategies) and stewardship. Prepare and circulate materials and confirm event sponsorship with new and renewed sponsors.
- Serve as vendor liaison for events.
- Work with CDO and Chief Communications Officer to develop a comprehensive event-related promotional materials plan (incl. posters, ads, social media posts, tickets, programs, table tents, nametags, gift bags, registration lists, and other miscellaneous day-of items).
- Take lead in event planning, growth/retention and committee activities, in collaboration with CDO and Volunteer Coordinator. Help recruit key volunteers to serve on event planning committees and implement event preparation and execution.
- Nurture relationships and inspire collaboration, to fully empower and employ volunteer strengths.
- Maintain event committee member lists. Prepare and circulate meeting agenda, reminders and minutes in a timely manner. Other administrative details as needed.
- Track ticket sales and manage guest attendance lists/records.
- Gather and prepare registration materials/supplies for fundraising events.
- Complete timely event follow-up (incl. guests, sponsor/donor(s), volunteers and committee members). Communicate guest surveys within 3 days of major fundraising events.
- Manage, track and prepare event revenue/expenditures reports as requested, to ensure pre-determined budgets are met.
- Attend all events. Coordinate, direct and supervise all activities, including assistance in set up, volunteers/board coordination & monitoring, greeting guests, and leading volunteer clean-up.
- Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator, ensuring a sufficient pipeline of trained volunteers who are prepared for each event. Assist with event-specific volunteer trainings.
- Post events on media/community calendars and social media sites.
- Maintain and create event manuals (action plans and checklists) for all major recurring fundraising events and third-party fundraisers of scale.
- Maintain hard-copy file of all event print materials, and media/PR coverage of signature events for use in grant proposals and future activities that may require archival material.
- Protect donor/client confidentiality at all times.
- Adhere to guidelines and expectations as outlined in the staff orientation, Employee Handbook, and agency’s Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a safe environment for staff, donors/clients and the community.
Schedule: Regular Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Some Evening & Weekend Hours Required
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter via mail, email or fax to:
2895 W. Grand River Ave.
Howell, MI 48843
Phone: (517) 548-1350
Fax: (517) 548-3034