GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The front office volunteer is responsible for answering the business phone lines, greeting guests and providing general office support. This position requires strong organizational and communication skills, a pleasant and professional demeanor, familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, and the willingness to work with administrative staff to ensure that multiple services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or GED. This position requires a criminal background check. Completion of LACASA’s Core Volunteer Training is encouraged but not required. A brief orientation is required.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to all LACASA staff
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information
- Answer the business phone lines, transfer calls
- Greet guests and clients
- Accept in-kind donations
- Responsible for mail pick-up, opening and distribution
- Monitor and distribute faxed documents
- Identify Room Reservations calendar when asked
- Inventory, order and distribute supplies as directed
- Order lunch for monthly Board of Directors meetings
- Maintain file cabinets in front office- grants, program reports, etc.
- Accept cell phones for the cellphone donation program & send in when appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
SHIFT DETAILS: This is a part-time volunteer position that involves working a four-hour shift. You may commit to working a four-hour shift once a week, or a four-hour shift once a month. You may work additional shifts; however, we desire a firm time commitment. Morning shifts are from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Afternoon shifts are from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
SUPERVISOR: Administrative Assistant
If you are interested in learning more about this key volunteer opportunity, please contact:
LACASA’s Volunteer Coordinator