At LACASA Center, the spirit of diversity and inclusion is encouraged and infused into everything we engage in—from the community education programs we develop and the crisis shelter we operate, to the employee benefits/programs we offer and the social outreach initiatives we spearhead. It is our belief that opportunity, access, resources, and rewards should be available to, and for, the benefit of all.
Our nonprofit organization celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2021. We have a long history of providing life-saving and life-changing programs for victims of child abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault. Our independent, locally-based agency is the only organization of its kind in Michigan—and one of just a few in the nation—that provides comprehensive wrap-around services for all victims of abuse under one roof. This streamlines access to services for victims and their families, and helps reduce the trauma of seeking multiple services at separate agencies.
Since our organization was established in 1981, we have evolved to offer more than 30 programs and services that help empower victims of abuse as they rebuild their lives. If you are passionate about our mission, we invite you to explore a career with LACASA Center.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: As a receptionist at LACASA Center, you will greet, assist and provide direction and information to clients, visitors, and other guests of the agency. Duties involve managing the front desk and reception areas, including answering the telephone and routing calls to the appropriate staff members. You will provide administrative and clerical support to agency staff as necessary; and process incoming and outgoing mail, deliveries and shipments.
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred. Previous office/related experience is highly desirable. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required, along with a basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and multi-line phone system necessary. Strong organizational skills will benefit candidates in this position. Must be able to pass a drug screen test.
- Greets clients, visitors and guests with warmth and sincerity; identifies visitor’s purpose and directs or escorts them to appropriate location.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to staff; takes messages and schedules appointments if necessary.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, and processes outgoing mail and shipments.
- Receives and documents, packages, and courier deliveries; distributes as appropriate.
- Performs administrative and clerical support as requested.
- Performs basic filing and recordkeeping.
- Assists with faxing and copying as needed.
- Maintains organization of mail room, copy center, supplies closet and front desk.
- Assists with special projects and overflow work as needed.
- Secures necessary supplies and equipment for the reception desk.
- Adheres to confidentiality policy as it relates to shelter residents, clients and all aspects of agency operations; records, reports, and discussions.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with LACASA Philosophies, Standards of Conduct and LACASA Staff Handbook.
- Attends and participates in all meetings as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasionally required to lift items weighing up to 15 pounds
Schedule: Part-time, Non Exempt position. Monday –Thursday; 1-5 p.m.
LACASA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, or citizenship status; religion; age, marital status or pregnancy status; physical or mental disability; gender identity/expression or sexual orientation; or Veteran status.
If you meet the qualifications and requirements for this position, we invite you to email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.