Make the holidays brighter for a child at LACASA
We invite you to be part of our “Starry Night” Holiday Toy Drive at the LACASA Collection, our unique resale boutique in Howell. Your donation will bring holiday cheer to a child in need at LACASA Center.
The toy drive collection kicks off at the store on Nov. 14 and ends on Jan. 31, 2019.
Two ways to participate
- Individual donors can bring a new, unwrapped toy to the store
- Organizations and businesses can ‘adopt a cause’ and become a donation drop-off point
To participate as an individual/family:
- Place a new, unwrapped gift under the store’s giving tree
- Write your name or initials on a star ornament
- Hang your star on the tree
- In return for your donation, you will receive a 50% off coupon for one item in the store (Excludes furniture; valid until Dec. 22)
To participate as an organization/business:
- Obtain a Starry Night collection box and display it at your establishment, along with a poster provided by LACASA
- Donors place a new, unwrapped gift into the box
- We provide giving stars that donors can sign and you can hang on your tree or display on a wall
- LACASA can pick up your box just in time for Santa, or representatives from your organization can bring the toys into the store and have a photo taken to be posted on social media
Either way you choose to give, the new toys will brighten the holidays for children at LACASA’s Crisis Shelter and LACASA’s Children’s Counseling Center. In addition, parents who are clients at LACASA receive toy shopping vouchers, which will ensure Santa’s sleigh is stocked with everything needed for the big holiday ride.
Organizations or businesses wishing to participate can contact Jessica Bergum, Communications Manager, for a collection box, poster, and more information.
Phone: 517-548-1350, Ext. 2430
October ~ We host this celebration to share child safety, child development and positive parenting information with new and expectant parents, plus there are lots of giveaways!