Since 1981, our independent nonprofit organization has provided comprehensive, wrap-around services for victims of child abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault. LACASA Center, which is located in Howell, Michigan, is a mission-driven agency committed to providing victims and survivors with compassionate and confidential services that help them heal and rebuild their lives.
POSITION OVERVIEW: We currently seek a Sales Associate for our resale store who will handle a variety of responsibilities related to offering excellent customer service and meeting the store’s sales goals. This part-time/exempt position reports to the Store Manager.
Sales Associate duties and responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. This position requires one to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Sales Associate, one should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
QUALIFICATIONS: We require a high school diploma or GED, as well as proven experience in a retail sales environment. Excellent customer service and communication skills, with knowledge of customer market dynamics and a track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas, are a must. Familiarity with POS systems and inventory procedures are a plus. The ideal candidate will have a friendly, approachable demeanor, ability to perform and sell under pressure, exhibit punctuality, able to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 25lbs, and offer a flexible schedule (i.e. available to work weekends, nights, and/or holidays when necessary). A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Assess customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features.
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries.
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Go the extra mile to drive sales.
- Maintain presentable condition of in-stock and assigned areas.
- Actively seek out customers in store.
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options.
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases.
- Cross sell products.
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service.
- Build productive trust relationships with customers.
- Comply with inventory control procedures.
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design).
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter via mail, email or fax to:
2895 W. Grand River Ave.
Howell, MI 48843
Phone: (517) 548-1350
Fax: (517) 548-3034