Working Together to Prevent Child Abuse
The Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Council partners with LACASA Center to provide community-wide child safety and child abuse prevention programs.
Experts estimate that 85% of all abuse and neglect is preventable. Preventing abuse before it occurs is the focus of the CAP Council.
Through education and public awareness, the council works to protect children from the pain and heartbreak of abuse and neglect so they can grow up happy, healthy and whole.
The programs we offer include:
For the Community
- Plant a Pinwheel Event: Each April, during National Child Abuse Prevention Month, the CAP Council kicks off its Plant a Pinwheel campaign in Livingston County.
- CAP Kids’ Fair: The weekend after Memorial Day the CAP Council hosts a free family fair during the Pinckney Art in the Park festival.
For expectant & new parents
- Baby B Safe: A one-hour program offered several times a year that teaches new parents and child caregivers about the ABCs of infant safe sleep.
- Livingston County Baby Fair: New and expectant parents are invited to attend this annual October event, which helps prepare parents for their new baby
For professionals, parents & child caregivers
- Stewards of Children: Workshops offered throughout the year to help parents, professionals and child caregivers recognize and respond to child sexual abuse
- Mandated Reporter Training: Seminars for professionals on the rules and regulations pertaining to mandated reporting of suspected child abuse
In the schools
Schedule a workshop
If you are interested in scheduling a workshop or class for your organization, school or daycare center, contact the CAP Council at LACASA: 517-548-1350 or email@example.com.