Our Volunteers Make a Difference
Volunteers are the backbone of LACASA and help us in a variety of ways.
Our multi-session LACASA Volunteer Training Program is conducted three times a year, winter, spring and fall. Volunteers may receive additional training in their chosen areas of service.
- Work to better the lives of abused children and victims of domestic violence & sexual assault
- Promote community awareness
- Help us raise the funds to provide services at no cost to survivors
- Assist in administrative duties
- Provide crisis intervention
We invite you to explore our volunteer areas of service and find out where your talents and unique interests would make the most difference.
Volunteer Areas of Service
- Administrative Assistance – Provide office help & perform clerical duties
- Children & Youth Programs – Assist with activity groups & special outings
- Crisis Center – Answer our Help Line & assist residents living in the shelter
- Development – Serve on fundraising committees or assist at special events
- Facility Maintenance – Help maintain interior spaces & exterior grounds
- On-Call Response Team – Respond to critical abuse incidents with our team
- Prevention/Community Education – Host booths at community events
- Resale Store – Assist at our unique charity boutique
Our Volunteer Coordinator will help you determine what program area you would like to serve in. Certain volunteer positions that involve working directly with victims and survivors may require additional specialized training.
To learn more about volunteering, or when our next Volunteer Training Program will be held, contact:
Volunteer Engagement Manager
Please download all 3:
1. WELCOME LETTER – Prospective Volunteer
2. Volunteer Application
3. Central Registry Clearance Request